November 10, 2009

Things I Love About the Road

  • Frequent flier points- I’m swimming in them right now. Awesome.
  • Newspaper Headlines in Small Towns- eg. “Circus Family Reunited with Pet Monkey”, Eugene, OR
  • Accents- Virginia has a great twangy drawl that is addicting, NorCal had entertaining slang.
  • Displays at Starbucks- how they change seasonally (yay for red holiday cups!) and geographically.
  • Hotel ice- it is limitless and comes with its own bucket.
  • Working TV- at my home, we don’t really have a TV anymore. Getting to watch it is like a treat now!
  • Local fare- Starbucks may hold the key to my heart when it comes to chains, but give me a hole in the wall joint any day.
  • Flight Attendants with corny jokes- most times they’re pretty entertaining, bonus points if they have obnoxious airline flair.
  • Regional flora and fauna- from the high California dessert with its cacti and Joshua trees, to the lush, leafy forests in Oregon. The changing seasons make this even more beautiful!
  • The Actual travel experience- sure security is annoying sometimes, but I love the moment when you drop your bag off at the luggage kiosk and you’re off on your own headed to your gate.
  • Fountain Diet Coke- nothing better when you’re doing a 5 hour drive in the highway alone and you need a beverage
  • NPR- because no matter where I am, it’s the one thing that remains consistent in my entertainment options

1 comment:

  1. extra yes's for the last two!

    did you get my note? I think I sent it to Kappa Lambda

    ReplyDelete