July 6, 2010

Happy Belated Birthday, America!

Yes, I know this photo lacks any sign of patriotism, flashy Americana, hot dogs or fireworks, but I will tell you, it oozes Wild West, and captures the wilderness of a part of America I do love so much. Lucky me, I got to spend Independence Day with all of my favorite people (minus the Little Bug of course, who is having the time of her life in Washington State), at the Kern River, where I captured this serene scene. There's nothing better, in my opinion, then being outside and spending time with your family and friends- if the weather is good of course. Although the trip was far too short, I soaked up the sun, lounged in the icy creek, and learned quite a bit about fly fishing. In fact, did you know that on July 4th, you don't need a fishing license? Thank you Department of Fish and Game!

The patent pumps did not come out for this trip- instead, I sported sandals and yes, do I dare say... Crocs!! I swear, they are only for camping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment