October 5, 2009

Observations in SoCal

Working in Southern California for the past couple of weeks has yielded some interesting observations...

  • As the seasons change, people begin to layer and bring out their winter coats, scarves and Ugg boots. It is, let me remind you, still 80 degrees during the day and maybe 60 degrees in the evenings. Ridiculous apparel for such warm weather.
  • 40% of students get around campus via skateboard. This also includes women.
  • If you don't have an iPhone, you're not cool.
  • Diversity exists here. I love it.
  • A wildfire is not news, it is a common occurrence.
  • Discussions of Micheal Jackson's death are STILL being had; most of them revolve around his supposed murder.

I believe that had I been around SoCal for the last 4 years, I might also don Ugg boots in the warm autumn months, but mine will stay in my closet until December.

No comments:

Post a Comment